- Put meat in a big pot and add water.
- Cook and stir occasionally until meat changes colour uniformly.
- Add all remaining ingredients.
- Cover and simmer for 45 min. to 2 hours, as desired, until liquid diminishes to one half the original amount.
- Cool well before making the pies.
- Stir meat before putting into pastry shells.
- Cover with top pie crusts. (Cut out Christmas shape on top crust if you wish).
- Bake for 10 min. at 450 degrees then another 30-35 min. at 350 degrees.
Counselling and Listening Centre Cookbook, Fort St. John
Fort St. John North Peace Museum Collection 2014.174.001
- 1 ½ lbs ground beef
- ½ celery salt
- 1 ½ lbs ground lean pork or veal
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ½ tsp sage
- ¼ cup boiling water
- 3 tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 garlic bud
- ¼ tsp cloves
- Pastry for 2 pies
Fort St. John North Peace Museum
Missing Some Ingredients?
CLICK HERE to shop now and get your missing ingredients!