- Combine nuts and popcorn in a large buttered bowl.
- To make the sauce, boil sugar, butter, cream of tart, and syrup together until a hard ball stage (around 250°-102°C) a
- few drops of syrup dropped into cold water forms a very firm though still slightly pliable ball.
- Remove from heat and stir in baking soda and vanilla.
- Pour over popcorn mixture.
- Put on cookie sheet and place in refrigerator till set.
- Break into pieces.
- 1c. almonds
- 8c. popcorn
- 1c. butter
- 1/2c. white corn syrup
- 1/2tsp. vanilla
- 1c. peanut halves
- 1 1/3c. white sugar
- 1/2tsp. cream of tartar
- 1/2tsp. baking soda
Lois Pizzey contributed this recipe. It is found in the cookbook collection of the Fort St. John North Peace Museum.
Missing Some Ingredients?
CLICK HERE to shop now and get your missing ingredients!