- Grease a large baking sheet.
- Melt margarine in a medium pan over low heat.
- Add onion and celery, saute until soft.
- In a large bowl combine onion, herbs and breadcrumbs, stir in eggs and lemon juice.
- Form the mixture into 20 balls, arrange balls close together but not touching, on greased baking sheet.
- Bake 30 minutes, until brown.
- Chopped walnuts also go nice mixed into this mixture. Looks nice served around the turkey or chicken when on a platter, or in a nice bowl.
North Peace Cuisine Cookbook
Fort St. John North Peace Museum Collection 2014.174.003
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- ¼ cup margarine
- 5 tbs fresh parsley
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 5 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs beaten
- lemon juice (few drops)
Fort St. John North Peace Museum
Missing Some Ingredients?
CLICK HERE to shop now and get your missing ingredients!