- In a 9”x13” buttered glass baking dish, put 8 slices of bread.
- Cover bread with thinly sliced or diced bacon or ham.
- Lay slices of cheese over, cover with rest of bread to make a giant sandwich.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, salt and pepper.
- Add mustard, onions and green pepper to the egg mixture, then pour over bread.
- Cover, refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, pour over ¼ cup melted butter, then sprinkle with cornflakes or breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 1 hour uncovered at 350 F (180 C). let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Fort St. John Lioness Club 5th Anniversary Cook Book (1986)
Fort St. John North Peace Museum Collection 2014.174.002
- 16 slices white bread (crusts removed)
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce
- ½ lb back bacon or ham, sliced
- ¼ cup minced onion
- ½ lb approx. sliced cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup chopped green pepper
- 6 eggs
- 1-2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 cups WHOLE milk
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- 1 tsp dry mustard
Fort St. John North Peace Museum
Missing Some Ingredients?
CLICK HERE to shop now and get your missing ingredients!